We all known Medications are having potential side effects. Regardless of their benefits that can treat several health conditions or diseases, a lot of drugs can cause of new health problems, which in some cases need another serious treatment. –9 Drugs Can Cause Of Memory Loss & Dementia
It is essential to know that several drugs can work effectively on body after long-term intake. One study was published in JAMA Neurology, in which researchers highlights the negative effects of anticholinergic drugs.
These medications can also cause of allergies, sleep problems and seasickness. At Indiana University School of Medicine, the researchers found that such drugs could give to the growth of dementia and memory loss.Following are the drugs that may lead to dementia. Keep reading to known the common drugs that may negatively affect memory or cause of memory loss.
- Allergy Drugs: Hydroxyzine, Promethazine, Clemastine, Diphenhydramine, Carbinoxamine, Chlorpheniramine, Cyproheptadine
- Antipsychotic Drugs: Methotrimeprazine, Clozapine, Quetiapine, Thioridazine, Trifluoperazine, Loxapine, Olanzapine, Perphenazine, Molindone, Pimozide
- Incontinence Drugs: Oxybutynin, Flavoxate, Tolterodine, Darifenacin,
- Motion Sickness Drugs: Meclizine, Promethazine, Dimenhydrinate, Scopolamine, Diphenhydramine
- Muscle Relaxants: Orphenadrine, Cyclobenzaprine, Dicyclomine
- Narcotic Painkillers: Meperidine
- Parkinson’s Medication: Amantadine, Procyclidine, Trihexyphenidyl, Benztropine,
- Seizure Drugs: Oxcarbazepine, Carbamazepine
- Tricyclic Antidepressants: Desipramine, Doxepin, Clomipramine, , Imipramine, Nortriptyline, Trimipramine, Amitriptyline, Amoxapine